It is every person’s responsibility to make an effort towards stimulating the economy and saving the Earth. We welcome you all in supporting the revolution to recycle Laser Toner Cartridges and Ink Cartridges. A very small effort from you can make a big difference and it can also add a little cash to your pocket too. Here are some stats about Ink Cartridges and Toners that will make you worried
- 41,639,529 liters of oil waste every year and we can save it by recycling the plastic in the cartridges.
- An ink or toner cartridge has 97% of the material that can be recycled.
- Out of 11 million ink and toner cartridges are purchased every year in South Africa only 1.1 million of cartridges are recycled.
- Recycling can cut down up to 6,000 Kgs of emissions annually that is caused by the making of a new cartridge.
- Around 1.6 Kgs of raw material is required to make a new ink or toner cartridge.
- Around 89 ML of oil to make an ink cartridge and 2.8 L of oil to make a toner cartridge.
Check out some of the Environment unfriendly things that ink cartridges and toners do.
- The ink contains Lead or Mercury that can be harmful if leaked to the Water Table.
- The Plastic containers take up to 1000 years to degrade.
- Toner powder can ignite at high temperatures.
What are we at Supermediastore.com promoting?
We want to reduce the impact of cartridges on our environment and develop a greener future. We here want you to dispose the unwanted cartridges and empty your used cartridges at your local recycling facility.
To find the nearest location for recycling in your area, visit Earth911.com and input the material you want to recycle and your zip code.
How is it done?
The best method to recycle your old cartridges is by refilling the ink supply. People think that depletion of ink means that the whole cartridge is useless but it is a misconception. The depleted ink cartridge can be reprocessed and reused again and again but other components of the cartridge may wear out with time. Using a refill kit at home and using a professional refilling service are the only two principal ways to refill the cartridge.
But, if you don’t know how to refill a cartridge as it involves a lot of risks and for the first time it can be a major issue. The best way is to get it filled by a professional so that you don’t face loss.
The best thing about recycling a cartridge is that it produces only 2.8 Kgs of footprints of CO2 which is 46% lesser than that of a new cartridge.
What are Remanufactured Cartridges?
After collecting the empty ink cartridges, the remanufacturers clean and refill them and then replace the parts that can be problematic while reusing the cartridges. In most of the cases, they even replace the whole imaging drum inside the toner cartridges. Remanufactured cartridges are not the clones but they mimic the design of the original cartridge that offers zero benefits to the environment and may cause infringement to the manufacturer’s property. They are not even of a good quality.
Save the environment by making a change and try to reuse the toner cartridges but in the perfect way so that you don’t end up harming the environment. Recycled Cartridges are the best way you can contribute to a greener and healthier environment and also your wallet.